Many people don’t know this, but going back thousands of years in both Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine practice there has always been a specific plan for pre, peri, and postnatal care.
The prenatal plan focuses on preparing the woman’s body for conception through a healthy diet and detoxification. Next, the perinatal prescription consists of healthy living, healthy eating, and other recommendations for child development during pregnancy. Finally, detailed postnatal recommendations are given to ensure the mother begins to rebuild her vital reserves and have enough nutrients for her young baby.
Since these are all crucial periods to optimize health and nutrition, both for mother and baby, it only makes sense to follow a specific protocol during prenatal, perinatal and postnatal. Research has shown that healthy pregnancies begin with good nutrition during preconception. Furthermore, overall nutritional needs increase during pregnancy and after (during breastfeeding) as well, making supplementation essential. (6,7)
However, due to a busy lifestyle, or common pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness, nausea and food aversion, it can be difficult to get all of the vitamins and minerals necessary on a daily basis to support mother and baby during these critical periods.
Doctor of Naturopathy and Functional Medicine Practitioner, Stephen Cabral created Equilibrium Nutrition’s Prenatal Protocol to be a comprehensive, hypoallergenic prenatal multivitamin and mineral protocol to support each phase of pregnancy from pre-conception through postpartum. This is the exact prenatal package that Dr. Cabral recommends to his private practice and his own family.
Prenatal vitamins can often be big, bulky, and hard-to-swallow. However, we all know they are necessary to ensure that you are meeting all of the nutritional needs during the preconception, pregnancy and postnatal periods. While it’s well known that your vitamin and mineral needs are on the rise during these times, you also want to make sure that you are increasing your water, fiber, antioxidants, electrolytes and more—that’s where many other prenatal vitamins miss the mark.
To make taking your daily prenatal supplements much easier, our Daily Nutritional Support (DNS) was created by Dr. Stephen Cabral to be a "One Stop Shop" when it comes to getting your multi-vitamin, mineral, electrolyte energy blend, antioxidant, and detox support formulas. Our DNS consists of 12 different nutritional supplements in one, and at a fraction of the price! It mixes easily with water, nut milk, or as part of a smoothie, and can be enjoyed on-the-go or any time of the day. Plus, it includes 15g of vegan protein from hypoallergenic rice & pea in order to make it a complete meal.
It is recommended that women take folate when planning to become pregnant because folate needs are high around the time of conception. Folate is also essential during early pregnancy as well. Folic acid is also sometimes referred to as methylfolate, methylated folate, methyl folate, or folic acid. (5)
This protocol includes our Activated Folate which contains methylated folate, the most biologically active form of folic acid, to meet increased requirements for fetal nervous system development without the risk of MTHFR genetic absorption issues. (8)
Iron is critical for energy and oxygen delivery to a developing baby and pregnant women are at increased risk of being low in iron and becoming anemic. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends routine iron supplementation during pregnancy, however, many forms of iron cause constipation and gastrointestinal discomfort. (1) Harsh synthetic iron supplements can also cause free radical damage from oxidation in the body.
Iron Response™ delivers a gentle and effective, food-based 26 mg of FoodState® Iron per serving. It was shown in an 8-week clinical trial to increase iron levels in patients with low iron without causing nausea or constipation. (3)
During this life-changing time filled with lots of questions and firsts you want one less thing to worry about -- plus you want a prenatal vitamin that checks off all of the boxes. While the options for prenatal supplements can be overwhelming, you can rest assured with our Complete Prenatal Protocol. It’s a trusted choice that prepares your body for pregnancy and supports your baby’s development with the highest quality, well-researched and tested supplements available—because not all supplements are created equal.
Not only will you feel confident that you are nourishing your body and baby with everything you both need, but you will also enjoy the flexibility of how easily our protocol fits into your daily routine at any time of day and even on-the-go. What’s more you can have it delivered right to your door each month for convenience and peace of mind with our subscription service.
* This package also includes Dr. Cabral's recommended supplement dosage and timing, as well as a healthy low Mercury card to watch out for when eating fish.
Wheat, gluten, soy, animal or dairy products, GMOs, artificial fillers or additives.
Consult your healthcare professional prior to using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication(s) or have a medical condition.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Abu-Ouf N, Jan M. The impact of maternal iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia on child’s health. Saudi Medical Journal. 2015;36(2):146-149. doi:10.15537/smj.2015.2.10289.
2. Bernardi JR, Escobar RDS, Ferreira CF, Silveira PP. Fetal and Neonatal Levels of Omega-3: Effects on Neurodevelopment, Nutrition, and Growth. The Scientific World Journal. 2012;2012:1-8.
3. Dadamo CR, Novick JS, Feinberg TM, Dawson VJ, Miller LE. A Food-Derived Dietary Supplement Containing a Low Dose of Iron Improved Markers of Iron Status Among Nonanemic Iron-Deficient Women. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2018;37(4):342-349. doi:10.1080/07315724.2018.1427158.
4. Diet During Pregnancy. American Pregnancy Association. https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/diet-during-pregnancy/. Published October 29, 2019.
5. Mcnulty H, Rollins M, Cassidy T, et al. Effect of continued folic acid supplementation beyond the first trimester of pregnancy on cognitive performance in the child: a follow-up study from a randomized controlled trial (FASSTT Offspring Trial). BMC Medicine. 2019;17(1). doi:10.1186/s12916-019-1432-4.
5. Mousa A, Naqash A, Lim S. Macronutrient and Micronutrient Intake during Pregnancy: An Overview of Recent Evidence. Nutrients. 2019;11(2):443. doi:10.3390/nu11020443.
7. Nordqvist M, Jacobsson B, Brantsæter A-L, Myhre R, Nilsson S, Sengpiel V. Timing of probiotic milk consumption during pregnancy and effects on the incidence of preeclampsia and preterm delivery: a prospective observational cohort study in Norway. BMJ Open. 2018;8(1). doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2017-018021.
8. Prinz-Langenohl R, Brämswig S, Tobolski O, et al. [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolate increases plasma folate more effectively than folic acid in women with the homozygous or wild-type 677C→T polymorphism of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. British Journal of Pharmacology. 2009;158(8):2014-2021. doi:10.1111/j.1476-5381.2009.00492.x.
9. Stephenson J, Heslehurst N, Hall J, et al. Before the beginning: nutrition and lifestyle in the preconception period and its importance for future health. The Lancet. 2018;391(10132):1830-1841. doi:10.1016/s0140-6736(18)30311-8.
Every product on this website was formulated with the mindset that my family and I would be using each nutritional supplement.
When you go into a product formulation knowing that your own family and children will use these products it ensures there will never be any compromise…
Plus, I want only the best for my online community and private practice clients. And, since people come to me for results after failing many times in the past, I have to know that every one of these products are truly the best of the best and will help people on their healing journey…
It’s important to understand that not all nutritional supplements are created equal.
For example, in a Functional Medicine practice only methylated or highly bio-available vitamins and minerals will be used in order to make it easy for the body to utilize.
Not only do these formula get better results, but they do not build up as toxins in the body or simply get excreted in the urine like most cheaper forms…
I made a promise to myself when I first started formulating the EquiLife line that I would not compromise on quality…
Even if a product cost me a few more dollars, I would not take any shortcuts in order to make a product for less.
This has enabled EquiLife to set itself apart even in the Functional Medicine community as a leader in the best ingredients used.
Besides never compromising on using the highest quality ingredients available when formulating our nutritional supplements, I make sure that each batch is 3rd Party tested for contaminants like:
This then allows me to be confident when consuming these products myself and knowing that the dosages are what is stated on the bottle.
Again, this leads to better user results and happier customers and wellness clients!
Another way in which the Equilibrium Nutrition supplement line sets itself apart as the leader in the industry is by always producing fresh orders every couple of months.
Our products do not sit in warehouses for over a year…
Instead we maintain freshness with smaller continuous batch orders along with climate controlled fulfillment centers.
This guarantees purity, freshness, and taste.
This is a difference you can both see and taste with every bottle!
At EquiLife we strive to provide the fastest and most convenient shipping available!
Since I know you’re going to absolutely love and see & feel the difference by using the Equi.Life supplement line I’ve formulated for my private practice, my family, and online community I'm happy to offer you my “Empty Bottle Guarantee!”
This means if you don’t see or feel the results you were looking for, or just don’t believe this was the absolute best product in its class that you’ve ever used, simply ship back the empty bottles, within 60 days of your purchase, for 100% of your product purchase price (not including S&H).
My team and I firmly believe in putting our clients and customers first, and we only want the best for you in your wellness, weight loss & anti-aging goals!