The sinuses are composed of hollow cavities that are lined with soft tissue, called mucosa. Under optimal conditions, the sinuses are empty and contain a thin layer of mucus. A healthy process that occurs in the sinus cavities, termed mucociliary clearance, allows the ciliated epithelium (hair-like structures located on tissues), in coordination with mucus production, to continually remove waste from the sinuses by facilitating drainage and particle removal. Typical particles that collect in the sinus cavities include dust, pollen, dirt, allergens and fungi.
Equilibrium Nutrition’s Sinus Support is a unique nutrient and botanical formulation providing effective support for upper respiratory challenges. Standardized botanical extracts and nutrients support sinus health by reducing the viscosity of mucus, clearing airway passages, and promoting nasal microbial and inflammatory balance.
Sinatrol, a main component of our Sinus Support formula, contains a synergistic blend of ingredients that support sinus health by increasing mucociliary clearance, decreasing the build-up of mucus and boosting immune response during seasonal respiratory challenges.
Optimal sinus health requires adequate mucus flow and clearance throughout the nasal cavities. The sinuses are hollow cavities branching from the nasal passages. While the nasal passages are often colonized with bacteria, the sinuses are typically sterile under healthy conditions.
The sinuses and nasal passages are lined with soft tissue, called mucosa, that feature thin, hair-like projections called cilia. Specialized cells of the mucosal tissue, known as goblet cells, secrete a thin layer of mucus to absorb microbes and allergens, such as dust, dirt, pollen, and mold, inhaled through the nose.
Working together, cilia “beat” to move mucus and waste out of the sinuses and nasal passages. Upper respiratory challenges may impair this process, known as mucociliary clearance, and contribute to fluid entrapment within the sinus cavities.
Our Sinus Support contains a synergistic blend of nutrients and botanical ingredients to quickly boost immune response, decrease mucus build-up and increase mucociliary clearance during upper respiratory challenges.
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is a powerful amino acid that dissolves mucus by breaking up disulfide bonds which make up the protein network that contributes to mucus density. This results in improved drainage out of the sinus cavity. In a double-blind study examining 12 healthy volunteers with slow mucociliary clearance, NAC administration for 60 days resulted in a 35% increase in mucociliary clearance rate in treated subjects, compared to no improvement in the placebo group. Additional studies have also demonstrated an improvement in mucus clearance following NAC administration.
Turmeric Root Extract
Curcumin is a yellow-colored plant pigment found in the spice, turmeric. Our Sinus Support contains turmeric which is standardized to contain 95% curcumin. Research shows that curcumin affects numerous molecules that support healthy inflammatory response. Bromelain Bromelain is a plant enzyme that is naturally found in the stem and fruit of the pineapple plant.
Exerts a synergistic effect when combined with NAC due to its proteolytic (protein-digesting) effects. Bromelain has been shown to be effective at thinning nasal secretions and provides an additional benefit of balancing inflammatory response.
Berberine Sulfate Hydrate
Berberine sulfate is a botanical extract found in the roots and barks of various plants including Oregon grape root, barberry and goldenseal. Berberine extract has been shown to support immune response by increasing blood flow to the spleen and by activating immune compounds such as macrophages. Berberine maintains healthy sinus function by quieting localized inflammatory response- Berberine has been shown to inhibit activator protein 1 (AP-1) and inhibits thromboxane A2 from platelets.
Licorice Root Extract
Licorice root has been used in Western and Eastern cultures for thousands of years. Licorice’s health-promoting benefits include soothing respiratory irritation. The active components in licorice, glycyrrhizin and glycyrrhetinic acid, strengthen immune response by inducing interferon activity, activating macrophages and augmenting natural killer cell activity. Glycyrrhizin exerts its inflammatory balancing response by inhibiting the production of reacted oxygen species released by neutrophils.
Andrographis paniculata is a plant that has been used in Asian medicine for centuries. The immune boosting properties of andrographis have been research extensively in clinical studies- Per the analysis of seven double-blind controlled trials, andrographis has been shown to be a safe botanical for supporting upper respiratory tract health. Eleuthero Recent studies utilizing the combination of Eleuthero and Andrographis have demonstrated the combination of herbs to be particularly helpful for patients with upper respiratory challenges.
Thyme has been traditionally used to help soothe sinuses and loosen phlegm. Thymol, the active ingredient in thyme, also has immune supporting properties and competes with pathogens commonly found throughout the sinuses and respiratory tract. The German Commission E has approved thyme to help support respiratory challenges.
Sinus Support is our go-to product specifically formulated by Equilibrium Nutrition to help improve your ability to open your nasal passages, improve sinus clearance, and boost your overall immune system! DIRECTIONS 3 capsules per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
Gluten, yeast, artificial colors and flavors. CAUTIONS Do not consume this product if you are pregnant or nursing.
1. Todisco T, Polidori R, Rossi F, Iannacci L, Bruni B, Fedeli L, Palumbo R. Effect of N-acetylcysteine in subjects with slow pulmonary mucociliary clearance. Eur J Respir Dis Suppl 1985;139:136-41.
2. Abe Y, Hashimoto S, Horie T. Curcumin human peripheral blood monocytes and alveolar macrophages. Pharmacol Res 1999;39:41-47.
3. Goel A, Kunnumakkara AB, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin as “curecumin”: from kitchen to clinic. Biochem Pharmacol 2008;75:787-809.
4. Huang MT, Lysz T, Ferraro T, et al. Inhibitory effects of curcumin on in vitro lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase activities in mouse epidermis. Cancer Res 1991;51:813-819.
5. Braun JM, Schneider B, Beuth HJ. Therapeutic use, efficiency and safety of the proteolytic pineapple enzyme Bromelain-POS in children with acute sinusitis in Germany. In Vivo 2005;19:417-421.
6. Birdstall TC, Kelly GS. Berberine: Therapeutic potential of an alkaloid found in several medicinal plants. Altern Med Rev 1997;2:94-103.
7. Fukuda K, Hibiya Y, Mutoh M, et al. Inhibition of activator protein 1 activity by berberine in human hepatoma cells. Planta Med 1999;65:381-383.
8. Wu JF, Liu TP. Effects of berberine on platelet aggregation and plasma levels of TXB2 and 6-ketoPGF1 alpha in rats with reversible middle cerebral artery occlusion. Yao Hsueh Hsueh Pao 1995;30:98-102.
9. Abe N, Ebina, T, Ishida N. Interferon induction by glycyrrhizin and glycyrrhetic acid in mice. Microbiol Immunol 1982; 26:535-539.
10. Akamatsu H, Komura J, Asada Y, Niwa Y. Mechanism of anti-inflammatory action of glycyrrhizin: effect on neutrophil functions including reactive oxygen species generation. Planta Med 1991;57(2):119-121.
11. Licorice Root. Herbal Medicine: Expanded Commission E Monographs. American Botanical Council. 2000.
12. Coon JT, Ernst E. Andrographis paniculata in the treatement of upper respiratory tract infections: a systematic review of safety and efficacy. Planta Med 2004;70(4):293-8.
13. Cáceres DD, Hancke JL, Burgos RA, et al. Use of visual analogue scale measurements (VAS) to assess the effectiveness of standardized Andrographis paniculata extract SHA-10 in reducing the symptoms of common cold. Phytomedicine 1999;6:217-223.
14. Xia YF, Ye BQ, Li YD, Wang JG, He XJ, Lin X, Yao X, Ma D, Slungaard A, Hebbel RP, Key NS, Geng JG. Andrographolide attenuates inflammation by inhibition of NF-kappa B activation through covalent modification of reduced cysteine 62 of p50. J Immunol 2004 Sep 15;173(6):4207-17.
15. Melchior J, Spasov AA, Ostrovskij OV, et al. Doubleblind, placebo-controlled pilot and phase III study of activity of standardized Andrographis paniculata Herba Nees extract fixed combination (Kan Jang) in the treatment of uncomplicated upper-respiratory tract infection. Phytomedicine 2000;7:341-350.
16. Thyme. Herbal Medicine: Expanded Commission E Monographs. American Botanical Council. 2000.
Every product on this website was formulated with the mindset that my family and I would be using each nutritional supplement.
When you go into a product formulation knowing that your own family and children will use these products it ensures there will never be any compromise…
Plus, I want only the best for my online community and private practice clients. And, since people come to me for results after failing many times in the past, I have to know that every one of these products are truly the best of the best and will help people on their healing journey…
It’s important to understand that not all nutritional supplements are created equal.
For example, in a Functional Medicine practice only methylated or highly bio-available vitamins and minerals will be used in order to make it easy for the body to utilize.
Not only do these formula get better results, but they do not build up as toxins in the body or simply get excreted in the urine like most cheaper forms…
I made a promise to myself when I first started formulating the EquiLife line that I would not compromise on quality…
Even if a product cost me a few more dollars, I would not take any shortcuts in order to make a product for less.
This has enabled EquiLife to set itself apart even in the Functional Medicine community as a leader in the best ingredients used.
Besides never compromising on using the highest quality ingredients available when formulating our nutritional supplements, I make sure that each batch is 3rd Party tested for contaminants like:
This then allows me to be confident when consuming these products myself and knowing that the dosages are what is stated on the bottle.
Again, this leads to better user results and happier customers and wellness clients!
Another way in which the Equilibrium Nutrition supplement line sets itself apart as the leader in the industry is by always producing fresh orders every couple of months.
Our products do not sit in warehouses for over a year…
Instead we maintain freshness with smaller continuous batch orders along with climate controlled fulfillment centers.
This guarantees purity, freshness, and taste.
This is a difference you can both see and taste with every bottle!
At EquiLife we strive to provide the fastest and most convenient shipping available!
Since I know you’re going to absolutely love and see & feel the difference by using the Equi.Life supplement line I’ve formulated for my private practice, my family, and online community I'm happy to offer you my “Empty Bottle Guarantee!”
This means if you don’t see or feel the results you were looking for, or just don’t believe this was the absolute best product in its class that you’ve ever used, simply ship back the empty bottles, within 60 days of your purchase, for 100% of your product purchase price (not including S&H).
My team and I firmly believe in putting our clients and customers first, and we only want the best for you in your wellness, weight loss & anti-aging goals!
I don't usually write reviews but felt compelled. I am finally feeling what it's like to be able to breathe through my nose again. :) I have been stuffy for so long that I don't think I even knew what it felt like to not be stuffy. Oh, and I can also hear! I can feel my ears opening up. It took me a few days to determine if this is what was actually doing it and yup- sure is! Like I said, game changer. You won't regret if you have clogged sinuses or ears or anything relating to Eustachian tube dysfunction. The only thing that has helped me in the past is flonase, nasalcort etc etc except it also gave me perioral dermatitis. Not fun. Looks like acne but was actually caused by my nasal "steroid." Yikes. Never realized that's what it was until my dermatologist told me. If you're considering buying this it's well worth the money and WAYY better than allergy medication (liver) and nasal steroids. You won't regret!
I have used prescription and otc sinus medications for years and they have not done what this product did after the first dose. My issues associated with constant sinus drainage and post nasal drip are gone! This product is amazing! I will never be without :)
For years I struggled with sinus and mucous issues. Used over the counter drugs and nose sprays always leaving me feel tired and weird. Thought I would try this product when I saw it and I take one and 25 minutes later is clears my head and stops the mucous which has gotten worse in the last few years. So incredibly thankful for this supplement.
I had congestion in the back of my nose for a month. I took one sinus support everyday for 6 days and my congestion cleared up. Great product, Im glad I gave it a try.